How We Work Together
A creative collective specializing in brand strategy, content development, and marketing savvy—which is a fancy way of saying we do all the things (or will connect you with the right humans to do the things).
As a female-founded and led agency, we are a happy anomaly in the space. Taking what Sarah Salvatoriello started with Short Girl Long Name, she’s assembled a small, curated group of creative entrepreneurs who are deeply invested in helping to better the world and give voice to mission-led organizations one rebrand at a time.
It’s a bit of Gestalt theory, industry learnings, with a sprinkle of Bob Ross, and good ol’ fashioned branding.
she/her/hers & they/them/theirs
- Meaningful impact only happens when people are informed, engaged, and empowered
- Strategic communication is vital for successful commerce and the betterment of society
- Constructive discourse is the first step to designing anything worthwhile
- Positive narratives should be shared and shared in, always
- You are not special but diversity is your strength
- Desire & time are the linchpins of all endeavors
- Ownable white space can be found in the grey space
- Multi-hyphenate makers and do-ers of the world
- The complexity that comes with going in a new direction
- Moments, big and small
- Dialectical opposition as a tension that inspires magic
- Conscious action to leave something better than it was found
- Metaphysical flights of fancy as acceptable small talk
- Passion, time, point of view, and nuanced needs of others
- Connection to place, time, and others
- Partner with you to strategize possibilities in your moment of pivot
- Encourage changemakers (like you!) to articulate your mission
- Drive material creation to shift mindsets and spark exploration
- Align your actions to your ambitions
- Create physical manifestations to celebrate participatory moments
- Develop the identity, vernacular, and tools to tell the world about your purpose
We coach & create & connect & we’re excited to work with you!
The Design Squiggle visualizes our process as we cover a massive amount of ground in the early research phase, gain clarity as we develop a concept, and then design with precise focus. Years of trying different approaches, and we’ve landed on this squiggle with a flavor of Bob Ross — we make some big decisions in our little world, have a few happy accidents, and call it “finished”.
Phase One — Research
We start with a bespoke BRAND ASSESSMENT that digs into your competitive landscape, unearths insight, and validates best practices to fuel design decisions.
BIG DECISIONS: “The Why” — We will confirm goals, KPIs, measures of success, and known specifications
Phase Two — Concept
Collaborative DRAFTS are shared to align all stakeholders to the concepts and gather approval so we share the same vision for the direction of your brand before any tactics or deliverables are developed or licensed. You will review and confirm that every detail is ideal in our “final concept” and will approve via email ahead of moving on to design.
BIG DECISIONS: “The Where” and “The How” — We will confirm the approach, frameworks, technical considerations, and final assets needed.
Phase Three — Design/Test & Prefect
We will polish and refine the FINAL DESIGNS of the piece to make sure that everything is just right. Through that process, we will take learnings and iterate through small adjustments to ensure that everything is optimized before we call it “finished”.
BIG DECISIONS: None! We will explore how to push or enhance but there are no major shifts at this point.
How we Prioritize
Onward > Backward
With > For
Decisions > Dilution
We work with decision-makers because we never want to compromise on delivering the best solution. Coming out ahead doesn’t come by meeting in the middle.
Craft > Cutting-Edge
Foundation > Fluff
Impact > Time
Our greatest ideas have come to us over drinks and in the shower.
We are a 24/7 idea-seeking-machine and want to share freely.
Content Best Practices
- Listen to what the audience wants, validated by DATA
- Nurture an emotional connection through AUTHENTIC storytelling
- Encourage sharing through meaningful, human, CONNECTION
- Blend brand ethos and voice of the brands to maintain TRUST
- Spark surprise and beckon PARTICIPATION
- Rely solely on facts and figures—we all deserve more than the “top” or “most popular”
- Hard Sell the audience
- Leave the audience without a clear place to go